- Fair Wisconsin applauds Stevens Point Common Council passage of domestic partner benefits
- Madison Meet & Eat kicks off the 2013 season on Thursday, June 20
- ‘School’s OUT’ Special at Goodman Pool – June 14
- Register for 3rd annual Fruit Loop 5K run/walk
- KATHY GRIFFIN live at Overture Center in Madison!
- Volunteer with GSAFE and get free entrance to Milwaukee PrideFest!
- Rubber Ducky River Race AND Goodman Pool opening this Saturday, June 8
- Kathie Rasmussen Women's Theater & Madison Theatre Guild presents Ten Thousand Moons from Here
Register for Second Annual Fruit Loop 5K Run/Walk
It’s time to register for the 2nd Annual Fruit Loop 5K fun Run/Walk, held in conjunction with and hosted by Plan B’s Fruit Fest block party on June 16.
The 5K run/walk path travels through the beautiful Marquette Neighborhood, starting and ending at the Fruit Fest event grounds – Plan B, 924 Williamson St. Proceeds from the run/walk are used for a scholarship fund for outstanding GLBTQI/Allies enrolled as local high school seniors or current Madison area college students that show great leadership.
In 2011, the 1st annual Fruit Loop had over 120 runners and walkers. Dress as fruity as you want and come out to run or walk and have some fresh-squeezed summer fun for a good cause.
If you are interested in participating in the Fruit Loop race register online: http://fruitfestmadison.org/fruit-loop. Pre-registration is $30 and closes June 9. Day-of-race registrations are an additional $5. The race begins at 10 a.m.
Start the day on June 16 with the 5K Fruit Loop and stay for Fruit Fest. Fruit Fest is an annual LGBTQI summer music festival and community block party. The festival is an all-ages free event organized to celebrate Madison’s gay community through a day of music, performance and summer fun. This year's Fruit Fest will be held on June 16 and features headliner Cazwell, as well as folk musicians, punk bands, DJs & drag queens. The event also includes the 1st annual Summer Camp Bingo and the 2nd annual Star Fruit karaoke competition. Food, beer and alcohol will be served on festival grounds from a variety of vendors.
For more information about Fruit Fest go to: http://fruitfestmadison.org.